Philips Flat Screen Tv
For three generations of consumers, 'Philips' has been synonymous with 'TV' from the Dutch firm presented to the public its first broadcasts in 1928. So the announcement that the company transferred to the Chinese firm TPV 70% of its production of televisions, with the option to stop shedding the remaining 30% is equivalent to the end of an era. The thing was coming for three weeks, when philips flat screen tv recognized that this business would lose 100 to 120 million euros during the quarter. Frans van Houten, CEO of philips flat screen tv for a month, formalized yesterday the final defeat of the European electronics industry, in this case against competition from Asia, especially Korean firms Samsung and LG. The TV segment has been suffering for some years a sharp fall in product prices, a flat screen TV of 20 inches cost $ 1,200 in 1999, but now can be purchased for under $ 100. The top graph, developed by Wired from the data of Applied Materials and DisplaySearch shows the historical evolution of the price of flat screen televisions sizes. It is recalled that philips flat screen tv and TPV was outsourced to the production of their TV sets in China, while in the U. S. is responsible for this Funai. Moreover, Philips set up in 1999 with LG LG. Philips LCD Company to manufacture LCD panels, but in 2008 sold his share to his partner, who changed the name to LG Display current. Even Japanese manufacturers seem able to compete with the Koreans, the same Sony has delayed at least a year's planned investment in the factory of LCD screens from Sharp, which consequently has decided to stop production for one month . The TV business unit of Sony, one of the classic brands in the lounges, a seven-year losing money, and it seems that the trend will change. . . The Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA) has experienced unprecedented growth in the number of TVs DLNA Certified ® during the first quarter of 2011, certifying more than 1,000 models in North America, Europe, Korea and Japan. The number of TV models certified by the Alliance in the first three months of the year has exceeded the total number of certifications in the first four years of the program. There are currently more than 4,000 television models available with certification, giving consumers a better way to connect and enjoy the content through the digital home. Total shipments of connected TVs in 2015 are expected to reach 138 million worldwide, according to DisplaySearch, a research firm and consultancy specializing in the global market supply chain flat panel displays and related industries screens. While connected to grow worldwide television and television is still the center of the digital home today, the DLNA is enabling content-sharing networks in the homes of consumers via standards-based products. "In just the first three months of this year, we have seen an exponential increase in new television model certificates, showing that the connected TV is increasing its importance as a focal point of the completely connected digital home of today," said Parikh Nidhish President and CEO of the DLNA. "Consumers are demanding connectivity between all your entertainment products for the home, and need the flexibility to share content between products developed through a variety of manufacturers. This demand increases every year, and as a result we expect to see continued growth increased in TVs DLNA Certified ® ". With a TV DLNA Certified ®, consumers can enjoy their content from a wide range of DLNA Certified ® products, including mobile phones, tablet type computers, digital cameras and laptops. DLNA Certified ® TVs are currently available from member companies, including: AwoX, Broadcom, Cabot, Compal, Funai, HP, Hitachi, JVC, LG, MStar, Panasonic, Philips, Pioneer, Samsung, Sanyo, Sharp, Sony, Toshiba and Trident. The full list of TV models with certificate is available in DLNA Certified Product Search. . . .